Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 23: El Fin

Again, I'm not much of a "blogger" so I'll answer the questions that were posed in the order they appeared.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I had the most fun with image generators and RSS feeds. They were of use to me immediately on a personal and professional level. I check my RSS feeds every morning, which surprises me, since I really didn't think I would develop a habit like that.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I've learned to be brave, explore, and attempt. A couple of recent studies on teen culture and the Web 2.0 (see my blog post) have shown me that those growing up with console and online gaming, Internet, and mobile phones from birth are much more ready for trial-and-error.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
After researching digital media and teen culture, I decided to blog on it in the form of a short bibliography. Even if no one else reads it, I will have it in a place to reference to.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Each hyperlink included in the blogs takes the user away from the 23 Things site. It was frustrating because then I had to keep pulling it up to see what to do next in the instructions, or to post at the end. Of course, I did finally get in the habit of right-clicking on hyperlinks to open them in new windows or tabs.

And last but not least…

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again choose to participate?
You bet. Bring it on. I'm ready.

No comments: